Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Another Joelism

Sunday night I was trying to seal just the first 7 letters of the alphabet into Joel's head by playing a game with him. (He kind of knows the alphabet song and recognizes almost every letter on paper, but I want him to be able to start thinking about what letter follows what letter without singing the whole song very time. Even if Mom does!)

So, we batted a balloon back and forth. Every time you hit the balloon, you say the next letter of the alphabet. If you miss, you have to start over with A. When you get to G (in our case) you also are supposed to start back at A.

We made it to D a couple times, once to F, but his heart wasn't in it after about 3 rounds. He finally said, "I don't feel caring."


"You mean you don't care to play anymore or you don't feel like doing this anymore?"

"Yeah. I don't feel caring."

I know that feeling, son. All too often, I just don't feel caring. It was just one little reminder to pray that God would refill me with His compassion, as I can tell I've lost some. Kind of like I'm too worried about "what comes next" rather than enjoying the moment I'm in with the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home