See What's in MY Kitchen!
This morning Joel came up from the basement where he had been playing.
He asked me, "Wanna see what's in MY kitchen, Mommy?"
"Sure, honey." (I was curious. Was it a dead mouse? A crushed spider? Or just some
"pantakes and eggs"?) So I followed him downstairs to his toy kitchen--a thing of beauty I bought from the Edgewood Thrift. It has stainless steel plastic appliances, a built-in dish rack above the the sink, and push buttons on the microwave that really work. I figured if he didn't want it, I'd donate it to the church. His older brothers gave me a hard time about buying a "girl toy," but I reminded them about Bobby Flay and Emeril. Case closed.
But I digress.
I said, "Show me what's in your kitchen."
He opened the upper righthand cabinet and proudly displayed its contents: five matchbox cars on the top shelf, two gladiators and all their gear on the bottom.
"Wow! You've got it all organized. That's great!'
He said, "Cars go up here, mans go down here. With their swords and everysing."
I made over his skills a bit more, and then he went upstairs while I stayed down there to check email. He returned, opened the kitchen cabinet and saw everything was as he'd left it.
"See? All organized!"
Wow. I'd only said the word once and he remembered it!
He asked me, "Wanna see what's in MY kitchen, Mommy?"
"Sure, honey." (I was curious. Was it a dead mouse? A crushed spider? Or just some
"pantakes and eggs"?) So I followed him downstairs to his toy kitchen--a thing of beauty I bought from the Edgewood Thrift. It has stainless steel plastic appliances, a built-in dish rack above the the sink, and push buttons on the microwave that really work. I figured if he didn't want it, I'd donate it to the church. His older brothers gave me a hard time about buying a "girl toy," but I reminded them about Bobby Flay and Emeril. Case closed.
But I digress.
I said, "Show me what's in your kitchen."
He opened the upper righthand cabinet and proudly displayed its contents: five matchbox cars on the top shelf, two gladiators and all their gear on the bottom.
"Wow! You've got it all organized. That's great!'
He said, "Cars go up here, mans go down here. With their swords and everysing."
I made over his skills a bit more, and then he went upstairs while I stayed down there to check email. He returned, opened the kitchen cabinet and saw everything was as he'd left it.
"See? All organized!"
Wow. I'd only said the word once and he remembered it!
2 Comments:
Zo, do your other kids ever read your blogs? If so, I am afraid they might get jealous. Joel gets all of the attention! Don't Sarah and Ben and (oh I forget his name) have the right to be blogged about too?? =)
Yes, they have a right. As a matter of fact,I was telling Sarah today that I will be blogging about her next. She did something yesterday that really warmed my heart, the love, generosity and thoughtfulness she shows behind the scenes toward the kids she babysits.
Stephen--that's the name that escaped you-- usually gets the bulk of attention in my Christmas Chronicle, usually because of multiple injuries. I'll have to ask Ben if he even wants to be blogged about. He's at "that tender age" of 17, ya know. I can either puff up his pride or demolish the last shred of it--all in one sentence, without knowing it. Thanks for the gentle reminder to include my other kids. They DO read the blogs--at least two of them do.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home