Monday, July 04, 2005

Spell Me Where You're Going

Joel absolutely loves cars. I'm sure he would love to "frive" every one that he sees .
That's one of the many reasons we decided we wouldn't take him with us to go car shopping today.

So when I asked Sarah to double-check that CarMax is open today (Fourth of July), little ears were nearby.

Not wanting to arouse his enthusiasm, I spelled out our plans, literally. "We want to go to C-A-R-M-A-X while Joel is -a-s-l-e-e-p this afternoon. It'll be easier for you and the boys, huh?" Yup, she agreed to that!

Joel wasn't asleep when we wanted to go, so we decided to run out for a few necessities wit him in tow and let him try to fall asleep on the ride around town, and then bring him back and lay him down before heading to White Marsh.

As soon as we got in the van, he asked, "Are we going to W-X-Y and Z or JSK?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Zoanna said...

Well, aren't you just PRAYcious? Thanks very much. I'm so glad others get a kick out of my Joelisms and married life stuff.
I'm double-dipping, actually, by blogging; I'm journaling my semi-private life for my own sake, and if anyone else profits from it, all the better. Writing also forces me to think in complete sentences. Teens and tykes have a way of grunting monosyllables much of the time; are they taking after me?

Tue Jul 05, 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

He is adorable. My quotable kiddos is really just a way for me to keep track of those things I always said, "I have got to write that down" about. In fact, I was surprised to get any comments on it besides my family. I guess it's in my profile. I do enjoy reading about everyone else's quotable kids also.

Tue Jul 05, 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home