Almond-Encrusted Rainbow Trout
As I said in the previous post, this recipe comes courtesy of FoodTv.com. The original recipe was called "Pecan Encrusted Trout with Latin Rice and Black Bean and Corn Salsa". What a mouthful (no cooking pun intended). I used almonds and can vouch that they made a good substitute.
4 cloves garlic, minced
Olive oil, for sauteing
3 fillets rainbow trout
Flour, for dusting
1 small bag crushed pecans
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine just enough garlic and olive oil to coat the bottom of a large, heavy frying pan and adjust the temperature to medium heat. Dust the trout fillets with flour, and then dip the fillets in the beaten egg mixture. Dredge the fillets in crushed pecans. Saute the fish in the olive oil until cooked through - approximately 4 minutes each side depending on thickness of fillets.
I served this with Spanish rice (from a box, folks) and the salsa mentioned in previous post.
4 cloves garlic, minced
Olive oil, for sauteing
3 fillets rainbow trout
Flour, for dusting
1 small bag crushed pecans
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine just enough garlic and olive oil to coat the bottom of a large, heavy frying pan and adjust the temperature to medium heat. Dust the trout fillets with flour, and then dip the fillets in the beaten egg mixture. Dredge the fillets in crushed pecans. Saute the fish in the olive oil until cooked through - approximately 4 minutes each side depending on thickness of fillets.
I served this with Spanish rice (from a box, folks) and the salsa mentioned in previous post.
2 Comments:
Zoanna, thank you for the recipe! Sounds delicious.
(((Hugs)))
Mmmm, good!
I love trout, but rarely get to eat it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home