New Favorite Cookbook: Eating for Life
My hubby is always coming home with new cookbooks from the library. Most of them
never make it from the counter to the oven, if you know what I mean.
Eating for Life is different, though. Authored by Bill Phillips, this cookbook has stayed in my kitchen and been used 3 times in the past week. It's one that Paul and I agree we could own. And we probably will!
Last night I made Chile Rellenos Casserole. Delicious!
Tuesday night I fixed Caribbean Chicken Salad. Wonderful. Even whipped up my own honey-dijon dressing for it. Mmmm! Amanda was here and raved about it.
Before that, I made something else from Eating for Life. Tonight is going to be Greek Chicken Pitas.
I'm telling you, this book is a winner. My favorite things about it, other than the magnificent recipes are:
1) Every recipe has "normal" pantry foods in it. Not as in canned and boxed everything, but not 16 different ingredients that make you say, "Where do you get THAT?"
2) There is a picture of the ingredients at the bottom of every recipe.
Kinda cute. You got your Sargento cheese package, your tub of plain yogurt, your San Giorgio linguini, etc.
3) Every recipe takes up only one page (with lots of white space) and a full page color photo of the dish with suggested sides on the opposite page.
If any of my readers want to get me a Valentine's Day gift and just have been wondering what the perfect one would be, get this cookbook. Eating for Life, by Bill Phillips.
never make it from the counter to the oven, if you know what I mean.
Eating for Life is different, though. Authored by Bill Phillips, this cookbook has stayed in my kitchen and been used 3 times in the past week. It's one that Paul and I agree we could own. And we probably will!
Last night I made Chile Rellenos Casserole. Delicious!
Tuesday night I fixed Caribbean Chicken Salad. Wonderful. Even whipped up my own honey-dijon dressing for it. Mmmm! Amanda was here and raved about it.
Before that, I made something else from Eating for Life. Tonight is going to be Greek Chicken Pitas.
I'm telling you, this book is a winner. My favorite things about it, other than the magnificent recipes are:
1) Every recipe has "normal" pantry foods in it. Not as in canned and boxed everything, but not 16 different ingredients that make you say, "Where do you get THAT?"
2) There is a picture of the ingredients at the bottom of every recipe.
Kinda cute. You got your Sargento cheese package, your tub of plain yogurt, your San Giorgio linguini, etc.
3) Every recipe takes up only one page (with lots of white space) and a full page color photo of the dish with suggested sides on the opposite page.
If any of my readers want to get me a Valentine's Day gift and just have been wondering what the perfect one would be, get this cookbook. Eating for Life, by Bill Phillips.
6 Comments:
Mmm. What ever cookbook actually feautures REAL food in it (i.e., stuff you actually buy each week) is a winner to me. ;) That's why I love Allrecipes.com! That, and the feedback people leave there. It's wonderful...
Because I'm so visually oriented, a picture of what I'm going to be making is a must! I'll have to checkout that book!
Sounds like a winner to me. I think I'll search out and get a copy, since I do all of the cooking, and we both need a little bit more healthy stuff.
Hi Zoanna. I ususally get a recipe on Internet, but I will check the cook book out in a library when I have a chance.
Your blog is a fun. I enjoy reading it!
Thanks! I'm going to post my favorite recipe from this book so far: Caribbean Chicken Salad.
I am getting this cookbook next time I'm at the library. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home