Sarah: As long as you don't put apostrophes on words that are just supposed to be plural, I will think my job as your English teacher has been adequate.
The sentence only makes sense to me now that the punctuation is in place.
Bri: the answer to your question is "probably a retired English professor."
A middle-aged disciple of Jesus Christ, I'm also the wife of the same great guy for over 27years. We have four beautiful children (three of whom are "grown and gone" and one who is halfway there). We also have two gorgeous daughters-in-law and a rambunctious Golden Retriever in our family. My hobbies include writing, reading, teaching, sewing, making art, traveling, watching songbirds, and socializing with people who love to laugh. My blog includes a smattering of it all, but mostly I love to talk about my family.
10 Comments:
Now say that 5 times fast!
Hmm, is it supposed to make sense?
Yes, Jane's answer ("had had") was correct. John's wasnt.
well, it may be grammatically correct, but who in the world would ever express that thought that way?
Thanks for giving us the answer!
It makes absolutely no sense to me.
Sarah: As long as you don't put apostrophes on words that are just supposed to be plural, I will think my job as your English teacher has been adequate.
The sentence only makes sense to me now that the punctuation is in place.
Bri: the answer to your question is "probably a retired English professor."
That was fun!
I confess I did not get it right and I pride myself on my alleged mastery of grammar.
Woe is me!
This is so very clever :) Love those games!
Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!
I am so confused.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home