Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Jesus Sings

I read something in the Bible this morning that I had never seen before. I probably passed over it, not realizing it was Jesus talking. It's a reference back to the prophetic Psalm 22:22.

Hebrews 2:12 (the Messiah is speaking)

"saying, "I will tell of Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."

I had never thought of Jesus singing in the congregation in the synagogue or outside.
Usually I picture Him teaching or listening to others teach. I see Him praying, counseling, comforting, healing, observing sabbath or confronting hypocrites. But today, in my mind, I saw Him singing in the congregation.

Was he a tenor or a bass? Did he sing loudly--more loudly than anyone else-- knowing He was the Son of the God He was singing to? Or did He blend in humbly, but confidently, not letting His voice stick out above the others'?

I've often thought about God singing over me. But Jesus singing praises? That was a new--and glorious--revelation to me today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never thought of that either!

Thu Apr 06, 07:10:00 AM  
Blogger Sacha said...

me either! *tries to picture Jesus singing*

Thu Apr 06, 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

What a great thought!

I'm not sure why it is surprising, but it is.

Thanks!

Fri Apr 07, 04:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home