Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Miracle Needed for Lisa

Please pray earnestly for my cousin, Lisa. I think she is 30. The only child of my dad's youngest sister, Elaine, she has been in poor health for a long time. Several years ago she was working in a hospital when her toe got run over by a gurney. I don't remember if there was a patient on it or not, but it was heavy, and her toe got broken. Then the toe wouldn't heal and she almost lost it.

Now Lisa has a disease called avascular necrosis. Lack of blood to the bone tissue is causing her bones to die, one joint at a time. One shoulder has multiple fractures, the other has a single fracture, caused by brittle, blood-deprived bone tissue.

The worst of her joint pain and necrosis is in the ankle. Narcotics have not touched the pain, and she is on a boatload of them. Surgery tomorrow at Sinai Hospital here in Baltimore is a last-ditch effort to save the ankle.

Lisa, Aunt Elaine, and Uncle Dan will be here in Baltimore tonight,having driven from Atlanta starting yesterday morning. They'll be staying at either a VIP suite at Sinai, or at a nearby hotel. Aunt Elaine plans to be here at least a month. I have extended, via my parents, the invitation for her to come to my home anytime she needs a mental break in a "real home," or a real meal on a real plate. I will also be letting my care group how we can practically serve them, But at this point Lisa needs a miracle.

Please. please pray for Lisa and her parents. I thank God that He is bringing them up here, close to family for this difficult time. My dad and mom have a special way of comforting people. My dad has a soft spot in his heart for his baby sister, Elaine. She has a mutual love for him, too. Lisa is also very fond of my dad, her Uncle Lyle. My mom's background as a nurse makes her the ideal advocate for Lisa and a good patient-doctor liaison. She keeps a cool head and a warm heart at the same time. She can interpret the medical jargon with ease and is not afraid to speak up. My husband works not too far from the hospital, so he can deliver practical goodies to the family when needed, and I am within an hour's drive from Sinai. I pray that Lisa will see the love of God and feel the nearness of Jesus even as she experiences the depths of pain and suffering at this time.

Again I plead with you to intercede with me for Lisa. Many times.

Many thanks in advance!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be! It sounds like a terrible condition.

Wed May 03, 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Praying!!

Wed May 03, 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I have prayed!

Wed May 03, 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about your cousin's critical health situation. I too have prayed.~~Thanks for visiting me at knitting kat and leaving a comment =). I hope you have a good weekend...I am sorry to read about your bulging disc too. Hoping..praying the Lord gives you swift relief!

Sat May 06, 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home