Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's a 40th pARTy for Twin Sisters

Dear Amanda, Libby, Laurie, Brianna, Abby, Danielle and Barb from KS:

We kind of share a "twins" theme in our little neighborhood in Blogland, huh? Laurie's twins, Bri's twins, Libby's desire for twins. Any others?

Ah, yes! Karen Hevesy and I are twins. We share no DNA (that we know of) but were born the same month, day and year. Our 40th is August 26. We feel like celebrating! After all, biblically the number 40 is a number symbolizing maturity or perfection or something worth having a party about!

To that end, we are cordially and shamelessly inviting you to join us to ring in our fifth decade!

We'll have a Bloggin' Birthday Brunch at my house.

When: August 20, 2005
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Theme: Favorite Artists (hers is Rockwell, mine is Renoir)
Attire: dress like someone in one of your favorite artist's paintings
Food: Please bring something "palate-able" :) , preferably something you've posted on your blog!
Gifts: None. Just your presence.

RSVP by July 26, please. We are so excited, we just can't stand being 39 anymore!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

ohmygosh, what am I going to wear?!! I honestly haven't looked at art work since I was in high school!!! Laurie made us do it and I hated every stinking minute of it haha! So I will find something interesting, hopefully! This isn't my official RSVP, that will be coming later!

Mon Jul 18, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Well, if you like Monet, you could dress like a waterlily.

Mon Jul 18, 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

This is going to take some brainstorming, can be Sargent's Madame X? Ok, well, maybe something more modest :) This sounds like fun, Zoanna, although I have no idea as what to dress up as!

Tue Jul 19, 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Sacha said...

thanks so much for extending the invite to me, but I will be in training and won't be able to make it home for it. I hope that it goes very well though!

Mon Aug 01, 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Ladies, I know this is a very late RSVP. But I won't be able to make it either. We have plans with family that day =/ =) Have tons of fun and don't do anything too crazy!

Fri Aug 05, 06:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home