Taking a Blog Break
You might not have this problem, but I confess that blogging has become a weakness for me.
So much so that BLOG, for me, is an acronym for "Be Lazy or Godly."
Reading other people's posts, writing my own, checking comments, and repeating as necessary has become, well, unnecessary. It's become a time hog. I need to switch my functional priorities.
So I am declaring a blog fast for the coming week and will not, by God's grace, return until next Saturday.
Withdrawal symptoms are starting already. There is a hum to the computer when it's on, and it's in the basement near where I switch laundry. The hum is like a voice that says, "Come, sit a spell, read blogs, check your email, make some comments, write a post." But it's not just a 10-minute "spell" for me.
I will miss reading your posts for a week, but really feel my family will be better served and God will be more glorified in my homemaking when I switch from mediocrisy to diligence in my first calling.
Like any other kind of fast, a blog fast will most likely bring its share of side effects. I don't expect going cold turkey will be easy, but in being sensitive to the Lord, I need to do this. Thanks for understanding and for your prayer support.
Adios, amigos.
So much so that BLOG, for me, is an acronym for "Be Lazy or Godly."
Reading other people's posts, writing my own, checking comments, and repeating as necessary has become, well, unnecessary. It's become a time hog. I need to switch my functional priorities.
So I am declaring a blog fast for the coming week and will not, by God's grace, return until next Saturday.
Withdrawal symptoms are starting already. There is a hum to the computer when it's on, and it's in the basement near where I switch laundry. The hum is like a voice that says, "Come, sit a spell, read blogs, check your email, make some comments, write a post." But it's not just a 10-minute "spell" for me.
I will miss reading your posts for a week, but really feel my family will be better served and God will be more glorified in my homemaking when I switch from mediocrisy to diligence in my first calling.
Like any other kind of fast, a blog fast will most likely bring its share of side effects. I don't expect going cold turkey will be easy, but in being sensitive to the Lord, I need to do this. Thanks for understanding and for your prayer support.
Adios, amigos.

6 Comments:
Been there! Know how you're feeling...
GOOD FOR YOU! :D
Good for you! We (hubby and I) did that a few months ago. I found out that I missed not all that much while I was gone. You will succeed and you and your family will be better for it!
Blogfast! What a concept!
We'll look forward to your return.
Good idea. I find the same feeling of blogging being a time consumer. You put it well, "Be lazy or be Godly". I hope your time off gives you peace.
It's all about balancing, sister :-)
Good for you! I think we are all so aware of what a time hog the computer is, as enjoyable as it is, discipline yields all sorts of benefits. I often post every other day now. Depends....=)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home