Miss Sarah



As I put together a scrapbook for my graduating son, I realized I didn't have enough everyday pictures. Not wanting to make the same mistake on Sarah's album next year, I said, "Carpe Diem" and grabbed my camera when I took Sarah to one of her recent babysitting jobs. This is what Sarah would rather do more than anything: take care of children. On her birthday I wrote a tribute to her in my journal and read it aloud when my parents came over for cake. While her name literally means "princess," my Sarah is not a girly girl like Princess Di was or like Princess Grace.
But before she was born I felt the Lord saying that she would one day walk among kings and princes. She, like Abraham's wife, would be the mother of nations. When she was a toddler, she loved baby dolls. Every birthday and Christmas present she requested was for "one more baby."
As she has grown and taken care of dozens of children, Sarah has touched lives who will grow up to touch more lives. Nations in the making. One of them (in this picture) shares her name, which really thrills her.
By Sarah's tender devotion and pure joy in spending time with kids, they know they are loved. She has a special spot in her heart for sick and disadvantaged kids. In that way she reminds me of Mother Teresa.
She hopes to have an in-home daycare of her own someday. I'm sure she'll never be hurting for clients.

6 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle, the only reason I deleted your comment was that I didn't want the last names of these sweet kids posted. Call me overcautious, but it's for the sake of privacy of the minors. I hope you'll understand??
Sounds like your Sarah is a great person with a big heart! The world needs more people like her in it.
Awww, Sarah! You are the best. Thank you again for coming and serving me last weekend by unpacking the babies rooms, you did a wonderful job :-)
Thank you for your sweet comments everyone. Mom, thanks for posting about me, though I got way more credit than I deserve.
*p.s. I do need/want more babysitting jobs, so if anyone (from church) needs a sitter, feel free to call.* ;)
No, that's fine Zoanna! I should have thought of that . . .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home