Plan A and Plan B

Don't you usually think of your plan as Plan A, and when it doesn't work out, you say, "Guess God had Plan B in mind?" Well, I've given it lots of thought (not that this truth rests on my puny ponderings): God's Plan is always Plan A.
Take, for example, Ben's graduation party. I would have called it Plan A to be outside in the sunshine with room to roam, balloons waving high, iced tea being guzzled by the gallon. (I had even invested in a 5-gallon tea drum for the occasion.)
Plan B, which I refused to accept even at 3:45 pm, was the likelihood of a late-day shower. No biggie, people could come in for 15 minutes while the storm blew over.
Well, the rain started promptly as the first guest arrived (whom Ben escorted down the driveway under a a blue and white umbrella) as I tied the last balloon to the deck planter.
It didn't end until the last guest left (whom Ben escorted up the driveway under same umbrella). By the way, when questioned, Ben assured me that, despite what this picture shows, he did offer his chivalry to the damsel walking ahead of him. It appears he is giving shelter to one of the guys and himself while she dodges the elements. Between 4 and 11, Ben must've escorted 20 ladies to and from their cars in the torrential rains.

But no matter. I loved Plan B (I mean, Plan A, God's Plan, with near biblical flooding and the happy party animals inside our "ark.")

1 Comments:
What a great story! Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home