Homeless Savior
My friend Karen reminded me today of the scripture, "The Son of Man had nowhere to lay His head." She said one of her most favorite things is to drive down her street toward home after a long vacation.
I have often thought about the homelessness of Jesus. Guess that's why I have passion for the Katrina project. The thing that grips me is: Jesus chose to be homeless. He wasn't homeless because of a hurricane, drug addiction, mental illness, foreclosure, or any other reason people end up on the streets.
He had left an unfathomable home to take a 33-year "vacation." (Some vacation, huh?). The Bible says "for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross"--the long road of Calvary that led Home.
Tonight was the first time, though, that I've ever imagined how Jesus the Son and God the Father must have embraced the moment they were reunited.
I have often thought about the homelessness of Jesus. Guess that's why I have passion for the Katrina project. The thing that grips me is: Jesus chose to be homeless. He wasn't homeless because of a hurricane, drug addiction, mental illness, foreclosure, or any other reason people end up on the streets.
He had left an unfathomable home to take a 33-year "vacation." (Some vacation, huh?). The Bible says "for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross"--the long road of Calvary that led Home.
Tonight was the first time, though, that I've ever imagined how Jesus the Son and God the Father must have embraced the moment they were reunited.
5 Comments:
I am glad to say "I never thought of that before" - you made me think!
Thanks for that
Should make us a little more thankful that we have homes when we remember that Jesus chose to be homeless...thanks for the post to make us think.
Good post!
Everything He did, He did by choice and He did it all for us!
Thanks for the insight.
That is a wonderful thought!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home