Tuesday, November 01, 2005








Here's just a sampling of the kinds of Katrina Kits we've been making and sponsoring. You can see there are no two alike. (Not all bags in photos have been completely finished, but will be very soon.) In the photo of Women's Bags, the center bag is done in a fabric I call "Aunt Linda's Africa." When I got the fabric from Leonie of Canada, I immediately thought of my Aunt Linda. When I told Aunt Linda about it, she sponsored a whole bunch! Of course, only one is Aunt Linda's Africa with the solid black back. I could make a second with the same front and different back, if requested. For now, though, I would love to see the finished bags find sponsors. You can see the contents of a woman's bag as pictured here also. What a rewarding project to be involved in. I can't thank God enough for the joy in doing this, and for the friendship of "total strangers." (Of course, didn't Will Rogers say, "A stranger is a friend I haven't met.")

7 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh Zoanna, I just got your email and it is wonderful to see your own bags! Oh I love them! Would sponsor them all if I could afford to ;o)

The toys are so cute as well! I can figure the comfort the children will take in those.

You are quite right about the "Elizabethan four-patch". The prints are lovely together. I love the fact that you alternated a large print with a tiny print.
Léonie's fabric is gorgeous!

And oh, a piano! I wish I could be there and we could play and sing together.

I am perfectly happy with the choices I made for the sponsored bags!

Zoanna, may I once again with all my heart thank you for asking that we join hands in this project? I thank the Lord that you were inspired to visit my blog one day and leave me a note about your project.


Dans l'amour du Christ,
Isabelle

Tue Nov 01, 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

You are just the most eloquent creature on God's green earth, Isabelle, ma cherie! I wish all my friends could get to know you through email like I have. I now want to travel so badly to France.And I'll willingly brush up on my French so that I don't totally embarrass both of us.

I thank the Lord, too, for joining our hands across L'Atlantique. While I feel terrible for Katrina's victims, I have seen unique opportunities the crisis has opened to reach out to others.

Can't wait to see YOUR bags. May I post a pic of them when they arrive?

Tue Nov 01, 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

PS. You haven't heard my piano. You might change your mind about the singing/playing idea. :( My husband's guitar, however, sounds great all the time--except when I play it, 'cuz I don't know a C chord from a hole in the guitar. We could worship w/ him playing.

Tue Nov 01, 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Those are the ones made by different people from around the world? Isn't it awesome that complete strangers would get together that would be a part of something to help people in need that they have never met...amazing!

Well done ladies (and any men that might have helped)!!

Thu Nov 03, 07:21:00 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Shelley,actually the ones from overseas have not arrived yet. Please keep praying, as they were shipped on Oct 7th from Paris. The bags pictured here were done my me, my daughter, and three friends-- Rose, Kathleen, and Dana.

Fri Nov 04, 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention my other friend, Donna H. She's made some of the cutest kids bags you can imagine. Rose painted the Precious Moments bag and Isabelle has sponsored it.

Fri Nov 04, 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ah, well you and your daughter and friends did a fabulous job! Still great that they are willing to do something like this for people they've never even met. That, to me, shows they have compassion.

Fri Nov 04, 04:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home