Favorite Kitchen Gadget
I love word-of-mouth advertising. I'm here asking for you to tell me (and other bloggers reading this) what your favorite kitchen gadget is. Please tell what it is, who makes it, where you got it, about how much it costs, and why it's your favorite.
You never know when your favorite might really spark change in another homemaker's same-old-same-old.
I'll start.
It's my small wire whisk by Pampered Chef. I had heard my sister-in-law rave about how superior it is to whisking eggs with a fork. Sometimes I'm a sucker, sometimes a skeptic. At the time, I was skeptical. I ignored her cheers for years. She hates any food with lumps in it. Me? I kind of like them; lumps convince me of authenticity.
Anyway, I got invited to a PC party and couldn't go and didn't have the disposable income to just buy something out of the catalog to boost the hostess's sales.
But I thought, "Three bucks? I can do that. Why not try the famous whisk?"
So I did. Best three bucks I ever spent. (Maybe it was three-fifty.) It fits easily into the crock next to the stove so it's at the ready for scrambled eggs. It also works great in a small saucepan of gravy. (All right, I make exceptions; I don't like lumps in my gravy.)
Yourturn!
You never know when your favorite might really spark change in another homemaker's same-old-same-old.
I'll start.
It's my small wire whisk by Pampered Chef. I had heard my sister-in-law rave about how superior it is to whisking eggs with a fork. Sometimes I'm a sucker, sometimes a skeptic. At the time, I was skeptical. I ignored her cheers for years. She hates any food with lumps in it. Me? I kind of like them; lumps convince me of authenticity.
Anyway, I got invited to a PC party and couldn't go and didn't have the disposable income to just buy something out of the catalog to boost the hostess's sales.
But I thought, "Three bucks? I can do that. Why not try the famous whisk?"
So I did. Best three bucks I ever spent. (Maybe it was three-fifty.) It fits easily into the crock next to the stove so it's at the ready for scrambled eggs. It also works great in a small saucepan of gravy. (All right, I make exceptions; I don't like lumps in my gravy.)
Yourturn!

7 Comments:
I am a Pampered Chef junky...seriously LOVE their stuff. In fact, given the right timing, I'm hoping to sell it someday! :)
There are several P.C. favorites, but pinned to a wall, I'd have to say the smooth edge can opener. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it anywhere else. It's a bit pricey (p.chef isn't really cheap, but worth every penny in my determination), about $20 if I'm remembering correctly.
Here's a tip to any woman who isn't yet married and wants P.Chef stuff...you can make one of your bridal registries through them. I did that, and that's really how I acquired most of my stuff.
Quite a long comment for kitchen gadgets...but, I'm into my kitchen gadgets. :)
I'm not sure how to narrow it down to just one. And, also, how technical are we getting about the definition of "gadget"? There's a fine line between gadget and small appliance.
But, regardless, I love my food processor. It's a cuisinart, but a very basic model. Two speeds: On and Pulse. Three attachments: sharp blade, grater and slicer.
I use it to make salsa, pie crust, grated cheese, many doughs and batters, carrot cake, you name it. My mom always complained about two many parts to wash. But I don't wash it - the dishwasher does it all.
Nothing rules-oriented about this post or the comments attached thereto.
Trust me, I am a recovering legalist.:)
Pampered Chef is wonderful and I did the bridal registry thing too, which was great. Okay, I LOVE their spatula! It doesn't stain and gets everything out of the bowl, and it doesn't melt either. I also love their stones!
I am a firm believer in having one high quality knife. Mine is a Wosthof and I got it for Christmas from my MOL. It was probably about $85. Yikes! But still, I think it is a worthwhile investment that will last me forever. I love my knife. The down side is having it sharpened periodically.
You got it from your MOL? Mother Outlaw? :)- I'm trying not to read into that "gift." :))
She hates any food with lumps in it. Me? I kind of like them; lumps convince me of authenticity.
This reminds me of a Martha Stewart show a few years back, when she had her mother on as a guest. They ended up having an oh-so-civil argument about whether mashed potatoes should have lumps or not. Martha wanted lumps; her mom wanted to whip every last lump out. Martha won.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home