Tuesday, August 15, 2006

10 Aromatic Pleasures



1. Wood burning in the fireplace
2. Cinnamon rolls baking
3. Men's cologne, almost any
4. Cut grass
5. Horse sweat
6. Baby Magic
7. Coffee brewing
8. Leather seats
9. Newspaper
10. Tire store

I'm tagging the following 4 people to post your Ten. No other reason than because you have "-an" in your first name, like me.
Bethany, Briana, Leanne, Danielle
Would you post yours and then tag 4 people for whatever reason you choose?

8 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Horse Sweat?

I might not have thought of that one.

Wed Aug 16, 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger FishMama said...

I'm with Joe. Horse Sweat is not one of the first things that comes to mind. Also, you've never smelled my neighbor when he puts too much cologne on.

Great idea, though!

Wed Aug 16, 05:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horse sweat! I wouldn't have thought that! Although I think I know what you mean. Stables and horses have a certain smell that's good to me too. Although I always thought it was the combination of animal and fragrant hay.

I'll follow up on this tag sometime soon . . .

Wed Aug 16, 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Tire store??? That's funny because I can't stay in a tire store very long because I get a head ache from the smell.

Wed Aug 16, 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Horse sweat got quite a reaction, huh? That's cute. Seriously, I loved the way our horse, Brandy, smelled after a hard ride. She was actually my sister's horse, and when Brandy was 26 and dying from an apparent brain disfunction, and Andrea (who only cries when animals die) practically inhaled her beloved pet. "I'm gonna miss this smell the most," she said as she hugged her 800 pound equine pal goodbye for the last time.

Wed Aug 16, 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

I took this picture about a month ago. I took it because the design of a neat (and huge) woodstack appealed to me. It's on the property down the street from where we lived in Dublin and raised Brandy. On the other side of the woodstack is a field where horses, ponies, and donkeys grazed at the Shepherd family's farm. They were not well cared for, but one horse was a palamino that Andrea named Golden Girl. She used to use her wild imagination about breaking and riding Golden Girl. (Wouldn't surprise me to know she sneaked over the fence and tried such a foolish act.) Andrea now lives in Nevada and works as a Wild HOrse and Burro Specialist.

Wed Aug 16, 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Okay horse sweat is funny. All my favorite smells usually have something to do with memory so since I was bucked off a horse and broke 3 bones in the process I must have blocked that smell out. HEE HEE. But I do love coffee brewing and baby magic. I will post on mine this week. You know I can't just post...gotta do some visual.

Wed Aug 16, 07:10:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I posted mine...
http://onanenchantedjourney.blogspot.com/2006/08/friday-favorites-10-aromatic-pleasures.html

Fri Aug 18, 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home