Back from Vacation
Rested and refreshed. That's how I feel. For the first time in recent memory, I wasn't ready to pack up and come home on our last day of vacation. Normally I am craving home after five or six days away, but not this time. I could have stayed at Myrtle Beach another week, though I would have preferred two days completely alone with my groom. (We got two hours of solitude on the beach and in the waves on our last full day there, thanks to Sarah and Stephen.)
As it was, there were seven of us. Our family plus Ben's friend, Allan. He's an easy keeper, good company for Ben, quiet, never whines about food or schedule, and even wanted to spend the night with us when we got home Saturday. That shocked my flip-flops off.
I took 207 pictures, thus earning the nickname Mamarazzi. In fact, my MO was very stealthful at one point; I had to hide behind tall grass and pop out to get a shot of Sarah on the beach. Felt like Miriam in the bullrushes along the Nile. Of those 207, I'll spare my dear viewers by posting only a basketful.
I'll also be posting some funnies over at my other blog, Kidbits, where I track mostly Joel's humor and antics. He provided plenty on this trip.

Paul on the Lazy River. Doesn't he look great? I can't believe he's 45 and still that ripped!
Funny picture I didn't get: him sitting in a tube in the Lazy River, reading a book called Green with Envy. I didn't get the shot because I was floating along on my back ahead of him. It was the most relaxing hour of the whole trip.
I have been trying to post some with the rest of us, but I keep messing up. So does Blogger. I've got some back-to-routine grocery shopping to do now. For some reason, appetites around here don't take vacation.
As it was, there were seven of us. Our family plus Ben's friend, Allan. He's an easy keeper, good company for Ben, quiet, never whines about food or schedule, and even wanted to spend the night with us when we got home Saturday. That shocked my flip-flops off.
I took 207 pictures, thus earning the nickname Mamarazzi. In fact, my MO was very stealthful at one point; I had to hide behind tall grass and pop out to get a shot of Sarah on the beach. Felt like Miriam in the bullrushes along the Nile. Of those 207, I'll spare my dear viewers by posting only a basketful.
I'll also be posting some funnies over at my other blog, Kidbits, where I track mostly Joel's humor and antics. He provided plenty on this trip.

Paul on the Lazy River. Doesn't he look great? I can't believe he's 45 and still that ripped!
Funny picture I didn't get: him sitting in a tube in the Lazy River, reading a book called Green with Envy. I didn't get the shot because I was floating along on my back ahead of him. It was the most relaxing hour of the whole trip.
I have been trying to post some with the rest of us, but I keep messing up. So does Blogger. I've got some back-to-routine grocery shopping to do now. For some reason, appetites around here don't take vacation.
3 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great time, welcome back!
Hi Zo, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see/read more of it. Welcome back home! And good luck with all the back-to-school stuff.
Love from a drenched Paris :)
Looks like fun. Happy belated birthday! Glad you are back I missed reading your post.
Donna Bishop
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home