Caribbean Chicken Salad
Several people have asked for this recipe. I put it in my comment box under the most recent post, but then decided to make it a post of its own. Here goes. I've made it several times and don't use a recipe anymore. The original is from Eating for Life, by Bill Phillips. I may be missing something, but here's my version:
chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
Montreal chicken seasoning (shake it moderately over both sides of chicken)
romaine lettuce
mandarin oranges
pineapple tidbits
red onion
grape tomatoes
cucumber
shredded cheddar
dressing (recipe below)
Grill the chicken. Drain the canned fruit. Chop the onion. Peel and slice cukes, halve the toms, chop lettuce. Combine all in big bowl. Mix dressing in thoroughly just before transferring to large platter for ideal presentation. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve immediately. (One caveat: salad goes soggy quickly, so be careful not to make too much.)
Dressing: honey, Dijon, veg oil mixed vigorously by hand-- or in blender for best results. (I forget proportions: try 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup honey, 3 Tbsp Dijon. Adjust to taste.) Of course you could substitute w/ storebought honey-Dijon dressing, but I prefer this homemade taste.
I took a picture of this salad once, and it did not turn out looking appetizing. But trust me, it is delicious.
chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
Montreal chicken seasoning (shake it moderately over both sides of chicken)
romaine lettuce
mandarin oranges
pineapple tidbits
red onion
grape tomatoes
cucumber
shredded cheddar
dressing (recipe below)
Grill the chicken. Drain the canned fruit. Chop the onion. Peel and slice cukes, halve the toms, chop lettuce. Combine all in big bowl. Mix dressing in thoroughly just before transferring to large platter for ideal presentation. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve immediately. (One caveat: salad goes soggy quickly, so be careful not to make too much.)
Dressing: honey, Dijon, veg oil mixed vigorously by hand-- or in blender for best results. (I forget proportions: try 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup honey, 3 Tbsp Dijon. Adjust to taste.) Of course you could substitute w/ storebought honey-Dijon dressing, but I prefer this homemade taste.
I took a picture of this salad once, and it did not turn out looking appetizing. But trust me, it is delicious.
1 Comments:
Thanks, sounds good. I love fruit in green salads!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home